• Smarter Scanner – Threats don't always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET's Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
• Time-saving Firewall – New Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how end users use the network, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users. Pair customized firewall profiles with trusted network zones and have appropriate firewall rules applied automatically based on detected network presence.
• Trusted Zone Authentication – Identify trusted network zones by network configurations (a configurable combination of host/DNS/DHCP server IP address, wireless SSID, connection profile, etc) or securely authenticate into a network using ESET Authentication Server.
• Upgraded Antispam – ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
• Removable Media Security – Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media.
• System Tools – ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
• Self Defense – ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
What's New in ESET Smart Security 7:
* Vulnerability shield – More advanced filtering options to detect various types of attacks and vulnerabilities that can be carried out against your computer.
* Device control – A replacement of Removable media used in version 5 and 6. This module allows you to scan, block or adjust extended filters/permissions and select how the user can access and work with a given device.
* Advanced memory scanner – Scans applications when their state is changed, looking for behavior that might indicate the presence of malware or other threats.
* Exploit blocker – An additional layer of protection designed to protect applications that are known to be highly exploitable (e.g. browsers, mail clients, pdf readers).
* Firewall improvements – In the new version of ESET Smart Security you can adjust and manage IDS exceptions and the temporary IP address blacklist. The IDS detection notification system is now more user-friendly and informative.
* Anti-phishing improvements – Blocking of scam sites was added. Submition of suspicious sites and false positive sites by users.
* Specialized cleaners – Bundle of the top 3-5 most prevalent critical malware threats.
* Faster and more reliable installation – Including first scan started 20 minutes after installation or reboot.
* Mail plugin compatibility – Our plugin now integrates with Office 2013 and Windows Live Mail.
* Improved compatibility in Windows 8 – ESET SysRescue is now fully functional on Windows 8.
Toast notifications are now shown in the Windows 8 environment, notifying you of HIPS detections or file detections that require user interaction or downloads of potentially unwanted applications.